What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Favorite Products

This is a list of my favorite products in the world of Scrapbooking.
  • Cricut - this machine does it all.  You can cut paper, fabric, vinyl, stencils, stamps, cork, chipboard, etc.  The possibilities seem endless.  With the numerous cartridges and now software like Make the Cut and Sure Cuts A Lot, you can cut anything you can imagine.  My favorite thing about the Cricut is that you can print your own letters for scrapbooking or even school projects and you never run out of the letter "e".  There is nothing more frustrating than having to by multiple packages of letters at $4.99 a pkg just because you need more e's than the 3 that come in one package.
  • Scotch ATG Gun - this is the best adhesive product I own.  The original models were way to expensive for adhesive, but the introduction of the Pink ATG Gun with a price of $29.99 most places made it a must have, and it comes with two rolls of tape (a great item for the 40% coupon at Michaels).  Once you get the hand of it you can attach almost anything very easily and the roll of tape seems to go a long way.  Also the permanent adhesive holds very well.  Plus it is Pink which is always a plus in my book.
  • Cuttlebug - not only does it do an awesome job embossing cardstock but it cuts as well.  This machine has allowed me to give new life to all my old Sizzix and Sizzlits dies and well as try out some of the other die cutters out there.  It is so much easier to use these old dies on the Cuttlebug that to lug out the old machines.  Plus it takes up less space on my work table.  I was never a huge fan of embossing until I got this tool.  Now I will be embossing anything that I can roll through the machine.
  • Stickles - okay I admit that I bought my first Stickles because they were on sale "buy 3 get 1 free" and I figured that was a good time to stock up.  OMG, I am totally addicted now.  This simple little bottle of glitter glue can really add some Wow to an ordinary layout.
  • Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper - probably my favorite paper stack out there right now.  Of course I am working on baby albums and the colors are pinks and blues.  But I just love the look of this paper and my layout looks amazing.  This is another great item for that 40% coupon at Michaels.
This list is a work in progress.  As I try out new products I will add my favs on here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment