What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The New Scrapbooking Blog

I have decided to start a blog so that I can track my progress as I scrapbook our family memories. I have tried scrapbooking twice before with little success. So now that my son is starting preschool it is time for Momma to find a hobby and this is it (for now at least). I have been studying other scrapbooking blogs and have been investing in some new tools (like my beloved Cricut Expression). The only thing standing in my way is a complete lack of artistic talent. It's my own fault really. I mean, I frivolously wasted away my school years studying math and science and earning a Finance degree while I completely disregarded the one subject in school I could actually be using now, ART!!!! Now I will be honest, the Finance degree has come in very handy for my family, but Art is the subject I use on a daily basis. As a mom I am suppose to be able to decorate the home, advise on numerous school project posters, and most of all scrapbook our family's most cherished moments. So now here I am, in my thirties, trying to learn all that art stuff I probably should have picked up in elementary school. So here I go. I hope to use this blog to show others out there that if I can figure out how to scrapbook anyone can. Also it will give me an outlet to show off any new skills I might acquire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment