What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Memory Mania University

Today is orientation day and pep rally for Memory Mania University. This is the scrapbooking school that my local scrapbook store offers. I have never taken scrapbooking classes before, but I figured that if I was going to give this scrapbook thing a real chance then a few classes my be smart. Best of all, most of the classes are offered during the day so I can take them while Dylan is at school. Since this is a Pep Rally we were told to bring treats for our "Sorority Sisters" and so I made these cute little cups and filled them with candy. I'm not sure what the other ladies will come up with, but this was the best I could do. When I signed up for the classes I had no idea that they were this serious about the whole "university" concept. I am hoping that it will be fun and that I actually learn something. Plus it is a great way to meet other people and make friends (which I admit I haven't done much of since we moved here). I will check back in later and let you know how it went.

These are the gifts I made for my sorority sisters. I used my Cricut with the Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge to make the cheerleaders. I used a file I found online with my Make the Cut Software to make the boxes, also with the Cricut. I used Peachy Keen Stamps for the faces along with StazOn Ink in Jet Black. The awesome zebra print paper is Safari Untamed by the Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby. I also used my awesome new ATG gun to hold everything together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment