What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Paper Roses

Today I made 3D roses using paper, my Cricut and MTC (Make the Cut Software).  I found this technique on Penny Duncan's website, she has a video tutorial for making these awesome roses.  I am going to give you a quick view of how I did it.

Supplies Needed:
  1. Paper (card stock or patterned paper)
  2. Hot Glue Gun
  3. Cricut
  4. PDC Rose SVG file
  5. Craft Tweezers
  6. Paper Piercing Mat
  7. Embossing Stylus
  8. Stickles (optional)

Step 1 - Cut out the rose pattern on your Cricut using MTC and SVG file.

Photobucket 2 Cut out shapes PDC

Step 2 - Emboss the back sides of each petal set just like we did in in the Paper Punch Flowers in my last post.  Be sure to flip each set over to the right side and emboss the centers to make the petals pop up.

3 First Petal Set Photobucket
5 Embossed Petals 6 All Petals Embossed

Step 3 - Take one of the petal sets that has the slit cut in it place it underside up and hold it by the the first petal with your tweezers.  Tightly twist this petal around itself.

7 Twist First Petal

Step 4 - Place this twisted petal in the center of the second petal and wrap the second petal around the first.  Repeat with all remaining petals.

8 Place Twist in Second Petal 9 Place Twist in Third Petal 10 Finished Center

Step 5 - Use your hot glue gun to lightly glue the bottom of what is going to be the rose's center.

11 Glue Bottom of Center

Step 6 - Take the other petal set with the slit cut into it.  Place it underside up.  Place a small drop of glue on the bottom center of the first petal.  Place the rose center we just created on this petal, making sure that the bottom extends about halfway into the hole in the center of the cutout.

12 Glue First Petal Row 2 13 Place center on 1st petal

Step 7 - Wrap the first petal around the rose center.  Place in the center of the second petal and wrap this petal around the rose center.  Repeat with all petals.

14 Finished 2nd row

Step 8 - Hot glue the bottom of the completed center with hot glue.

15 Glue botton

Step 9 - Take the cutout with the large center, place it top side up, and place hot glue around the center hole.  Insert the rose center into the hole and shape petals around.

16 Glue center of row 3 17 Place center in Row 3

Step 10 - Take the cutout with the smaller center, place it top side up, and place hot glue around the center hole.  Insert your rose into the hole and shape petals around again maing sure to stagger the petals from the previous row so it looks more realistic.

18 Glue Row 4

Step 11 - Take the final cutout, place it top side up, and place a drop of hot glue in the center and insert your rose again making sure you stagger the petals.  Shape petals until the desired look is achieved.

19 Gule Row 5 20 Finished Rose

Step 12 - Optional.  I used my Diamond Stickles around the edge of each rose petal to add a little sparkle to the flower.

Here are the flowers I've made.

Photobucket Yellow Paper Rose PDC

0 comments:

Post a Comment