What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Paper Punch Flowers

My new technique that I am working on is Paper Punch Flowers.

Supplies needed:
  1. Paper (pattern or solid - I am using Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby)
  2. Retro Flower Punch - Medium by EK Success
  3. Embossing Stylus - Fiskers
  4. Paper Piercing Pad - (I use In Stitch'z Jr. by Bazzill)
  5. Stickles (I am using Pink and Silver)
Step 1 - Punch your flowers out of the paper (Ink or chalk edges now if desired)
Step 2 - Place flower upside-down on your Piercing Pad
Step 3 - Using the Embossing Stylus carefully shap each petal by rubbing around the edges of the petal and in the center of the petal until desired petal is acheived (careful not to tear the paper). Repeat for each petal.

Punch Punch Punch

Step 4 - Flip flower over to the right side and use the stylus to indent the center which will cause your petals to pop up.

Punch Punch Punch

Step 5 - Using your Stickles add a center to each flower.

Punch Punch
That's it. It is pretty easy and a lot cheaper than buying paper flowers. Below is a flower I made with my Cricut and a file I found online for Make the Cut. I cut multiple size flowers and inked the edges and joined them with a brad and covered the brad with pink Stickles .

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment