What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Sunday, November 14, 2010

4H Cookie Cake

My daughter had to make a large decorated cookie for her 4H project.  The theme she chose was 4H so she decided to make the 4H emblem.

4H Cookie Cake

We baked a 12" Chocolate Chip cookie using a 12" cake pan.  We used my Cricut with a Deep Cut Blade to cut a Clover at 9 3/4" inches out of cardboard (Designer's Calendar Cartridge).  We then laid the template over the cookie and cut out the cookie in the clover shape.  Then using my Cricut Cake and Fonderific Fondant we cut the clover out of Light Green at 9 3/4" on Shadow and then Dark Green at 9 3/4" regular.  Then using the Light Green again we used Plantin Schoolbook to cut 4 - 1 1/2" Hs.  We covered the cookie in a light layer of icing and assembled.  It looked great and won a first prize ribbon in the 4H category.

0 comments:

Post a Comment