What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Advanced Cricut Class

Last night I had my first scrapbooking class at MMU.  It was a class on Advanced Cricut skills.  I'm not sure I learned any new Cricut skills (we'll see when I do the homework) but I learned a cool new way to make a fence background.  The class moved really fast so I will post the photos of my layouts when I finish them.  We made two layouts in two hours which is much faster than I've ever had to complete even one layout.  I hope that I will get the hang of the fast pace classes by the next one.  Perhaps more importantly than the layouts, I had fun.  It was so nice to get out of the house and do something for myself, which I haven't really done since we moved here.

Here are my two layouts from Advanced Cricut Class:

Awesome Layout

Backyard BBQ Layout

Today is going to be my stay home and scrapbook day.  Of course before I can do that I have to organize my scrapping space.  I must be the messiest scrapbooker EVER.  It doesn't matter how small the project is, I seem to have both tables covered in trash and scraps.  So I am going to first clean up and then try to complete some of my homework and then clean up again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment