What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Scrap Your Stash Class

Yesterday was my Scrap Your Stash Class at MMU.  This was my first daytime class and it was tons of fun.  I really enjoyed the laid back style of the day class and a few of us even went out to lunch afterwards.  Below is the layout I made at class.

This is My Life Layout

I used the Winnie the Pooh font cartridge on my Cricut to make the title.  I inked the edges with my chalk ink and used my white gel pen to highlight the letters.  I also cut the letters out of Grunge Paper and glued them together for some extra dimension.  I then coated each letter with Glossy Accents for an enamel effect.  I used the Fleur de Lis border punch by EK Success to create the center border and I used the Martha Stewart Photo Corner punch for the photo corners.  I learned a neat technique for the ribbon where we used the Tim Holtz stapler to make criss-crosses across the ribbon for a new effect.  Thanks to Christy for the great layout design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment