What is the Accidental Scrapbook???

I started this blog, mostly for myself. I have absolutely no artistic talent and I have failed at scrapbooking
too many times to count. Now I am giving it another try with new supplies and scrapbooking classes.
I plan to document all the new techniques I learn here in this blog as a way to track my progress.
If I accidentally inspire someone else along the way, then that is the "icing on the cake."



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby Book

So the reason I got back into scrapbooking in the first place was to finish (okay, okay, START) my children's baby books.  My daughter Kayla will be 10 in December and I have been feeling tremendously guilty that I never did her baby book (correction: I have started it many times but I always end up taking it apart and starting over).  So I have really put an effort into finishing it, FINALLY.  Here is a picture of the page I made for our first family photo.  The paper is from Tim Holtz.  The letters were cut on the Cricut with the Storybook Cartridge as were the flower mats behind them and then covered with Glossy Accents.  The flowers were punched with EK Success Retro Flower - Medium.  The pearls are Recollections from Michael's.  Everything was inked with my Chestnut Roan Cat's Eye Chalk Ink.

Photobucket
Our First Family Photo Layout - Kayla's Baby Book
I have more pages done but I haven't photographed them yet.  I will post them when I get a chance.

Thank you all for visiting my blog, I noticed a few more followers this morning.  I'm thinking there might need to be some Blog Candy in the future if this keeps up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment